Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

Posted 26th October 2016 at 12:15

In order to sell your property, you are now required to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The EPC must be commissioned but not necessarily received prior to the commencement of marketing. The EPC is personal to your property and is valid for a period of 10 years. Listed properties are exempt from this requirement. Alternatively if you have a valid EPC from when you purchased the property or marketed it previously, we can utilise this providing you have not made any material changes to the fabric of the building. Check the National Database to see if your property has a current EPC:

Norgans recommend two locally based Firms who can carry out the inspection of your property and prepare the EPC. Please contact them direct for details of their prices:-

Mr James Saunders, Solo Property Solutions

Tel: 07876570845/Email:

Darren Bygrave, Izica Assessments

Tel: 07802399439/Email: